Just a reminder that all athletes must be wearing their 2017-2018 registration number, age patch and full CLAC uniforms to be eligible to participate in Friday night competitions. If you are waiting on a uniform order please wear suitable athletic clothing with your registration number and age patch pinned to your clothes
CLAC Club training has now commenced.
Club training will be held at Greygums oval 5.30pm until 6.30pm on various
days throughout the season, please see dates below.
Training is free and will focus on fitness, strength and basic athletics
event skills. (High jump and Javelin excluded). All registered Cranebrook
little athletic club members are welcome to attend, it will be most suited
to younger athletes between 7 & 14 years of age, who are trying to develop
their athletics skills.
Parents/age managers who attend are encouraged to assist and will learn more
about different events while there.
Attending athletes will need to wear training/sports appropriate clothing
Full toilet amenities are available during training sessions.
Gary Dunk is the club coach, he has been a member of the club for over 13
year and has 7 years coaching experience, Gary will usually have a few older
athletes from the club who will assist at training. If you are an older
athlete and are interested in helping, please let Gary know.
Athletics coaching will help athletes achieve better personal bests "PB's"
throughout the season, as their fitness and skills levels improve.
There are a few rules associated with this training;
* Athletes must be prepared to follow reasonable instructions and
will be asked to run/exercise to achieve fitness, no athlete will be asked
to push beyond their limit, particularly on hot days.
* No athletics running spikes to be worn during train sessions,
unless instructed by coaching team.
* Athletes must be accompanied by an adult and the adult will need
to remain at the fields until conclusion of each training session (unless
prior arrangements has been made with coach).
* Any athlete wishing to go to toilets must be accompanied by their
adult guardian, purely for safety reasons.
* If temperature or weather condition of the day exceeds suitable
training condition, training for the day will be cancelled. Another day or
time may be arranged.
* If athlete has any special needs or requires medication such as
"asthmatic inhalers" please let coach know prior to beginning training.
* Athletes will need to bring a fresh bottle of drinking water (no
canteen facilities are available), hat and sunscreen as all activities will
be on the main oval.
* Any athlete that is not following instructions from coaching team
or is disruptive to the group will be asked to "sit out".
* Offensive behaviour, abusive behaviour and physical contact
towards other athletes or coaches will not be tolerated.
* Most importantly it's about having fun and by following the simple
instructions everyone will enjoy it.
These rules ensure everyone has a great time and that all athletes are
covered by club insurances.
If you have any questions or concern, please don't hesitate to speak with
* Monday 23rd October 2017 5.30pm - 6.30pm
* Monday 30th October 2017 5.30pm - 6.30pm
* Monday 6th November 2017 5.30pm - 6.30pm
* Thursday 16th November 2017 5.30pm - 6.30pm
* Thursday 23rd November 2017 5.30pm - 6.30pm
* Thursday 30th November 2017 5.30pm - 6.30pm
* Monday 11th December 2017 5.30pm - 6.30pm
* Monday 18th December 2107 5.30pm - 6.30pm
Christmas break return late January
* Thursday 18th January 2018 5.30pm - 6.30pm
* Thursday 25th January 2018 5.30pm - 6.30pm
* Monday 5th February 2018 5.30pm - 6.30pm
* Monday 12th February 2018 5.30pm - 6.30pm
* Monday 19th February 2018 5.30pm - 6.30pm
* Monday 26th February 2018 5.30pm - 6.30pm
* Final Session Thursday 8th March 2018 5.30pm - 6.30pm